Thursday, February 24, 2011

Couldn’t Find Out

till a long time
had passed
couldn’t find anything
both sides of the road
were the same
everything was the same
the shops the restaurants
the railway bridge
the buildings
I sat down on the ground
on the dusty stone footpath
and wondered
where on earth did I live
where was my home
until my friend tapped me
on the shoulder
and pointed there
across the main road
you take that street
he said
then everything
came back into place
I recognized everything
often later I wondered
where did the world go
for those few moments
and my friend behaving
as though
nothing was amiss
and all he had to do
was point and say
there
and the world came back
and I could go home.

1 comment:

  1. i think there is a certain amount of dexterity required to remember things....i once drew a sketch and for 2 whole minutes searched for an undo button on the piece of paper...meanderings of the brain make u more of a wanderer than geography would ever pronounce you be....a very nice piece again...

    ReplyDelete